Liquid Blush | Review



I have always been a powdered blush kind of girl. But then I always opted for a matte finish with my foundation so powder just seemed to make sense. Over the past couple of years however, in a bid to have a glowy, healthy-looking complexion, I have been using liquid blush.


I will admit, I was worried at first that I would struggle with liquid blush as my skin is naturally quite dry and so I wasn't sure how it would take. That being said, my 'glow journey' has seen an upheaval in my skincare products too so the worry was unnecessary. I've mastered the base and that allowed me to try some products outside of what I would usually reach for. 


The first one I tried was The Collection Filter Finish Liquid Blush Land, knowing that the applicator was similar to the famous Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Light Wand (and wanting to try it out before splashing out on something expensive). I loved the collection's version. I use the shade Peach Pleasure and it is a great shade for summer - a lovely, golden, peachy glow. It is really easy to blend (I use a brush) and can be built up for a deeper colour too. 


Top swatch: Charlotte Tilbury Pinkgasm
Bottom swatch: The Collection Peach Pleasure

Compared to the Charlotte Tilbury version, it is not as pigmented. But I don't mind that too much. I think it gives a perfect subtle glow on those days when you want to look slightly fresher faced. Once I was convinced that my skin was happy to welcome a new type of product into my makeup bag, I splurged on a Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm Beauty Light Wand. I use the shade Pinkgasm and it is perfect 'just spent a few hours in the sun without sun cream' look but without the dreaded sun damage. 


Both are quite shimmery which helps to add a glow. The Charlotte Tilbury blush definitely has more staying power and tends to last most of the day without a setting spray. The Collection's liquid blush fades quicker in comparison. That being said, I do find the latter easier to blend.


I will say though, I have to make sure my skin is properly hydrated before I use either product. If I've had a couple of no makeup days at home and I haven't moisturised as thoroughly as I should have done (or at all... Look, I'm human ok?) then I tend to find it doesn't sit as well on top of my foundation and both can be quite difficult to blend. But that's absolutely my fault for skipping my skincare and not the products' fault.


Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm Beauty Light Wand - £30 from the Charlotte Tilbury website

The Collection Filter Finish Liquid Blush Wand - £5.99 from Boots

Are you a fan of liquid blush? Which brand has your favourite?

Jess x

No comments