NYX Fat Oil | Review

 


I go through phases of loving either lip gloss or lipstick. I love a lipstick until I see someone wearing lip gloss and it looks so fresh and clean and lovely, especially during spring and summer. Then all I want to wear is lip gloss. So during one of my most recent change of hearts, I bought the NYX Fat Oil Lip Drip in two shades: Follow Back (the peachy, shimmery shade) and Supermodel (the beautiful pink shade). 

I suffer with dry lips all year round and often find that lipsticks cling to dry patches and end up looking awful. You don't get that with a lip gloss (another reason to love them) and especially the NYX Fat Oil because it is infused with Squalene, Raspberry and Cloudberry oils so you get some hydration as well a beautiful colour! 

The pink is incredibly pigmented for a lip gloss. So much so that I haven't quite yet found an occasion to wear it. Maybe once the sun starts to shine a bit more (is that delusional?) then I might find a good fit for it. For now, the peach shade is my go-to. 

It's thick and quite sticky. I recently went for a night out and it was very windy so I spent a lot of time whilst waiting for the train pealing hair away from my lips worrying that I was going to have streaks of Follow Back all over my face. Thankfully that wasn't the case and the damage was limited. If you like a product to feel light and barely there, this might not be the one to opt for. I don't mind the thick nature of it and I would probably argue it helps the product last longer on the lips. 

I will admit that any lip products I wear do not last very long on me. I am always envious of my best friend who can make her lipstick last all evening, even after eating or drinking. Me? Not a chance. It's like I make it my subconscious mission to leave no trace behind as soon as possible. The point is that I'm not the best judge of the staying power of lip products. I can maybe make this last an hour, slightly longer perhaps, but I'm not adverse to reapplying a gloss on the go (even without a mirror). 

Top swatch: Follow Back
Bottom swatch: Supermodel

I love that they both have a subtle shimmer to them and I just feel like they add a bit of something extra to a makeup look. You can buy them from Boots or Superdrug for £7.99. I just know that Follow Back is going to serve me well over summer and I'm currently thinking that Supermodel might be the cherry on top of the cake for my Taylor Swift eras outfit (did someone say Lover...?)

No comments