Maybelline Sky High Mascara | Review

 



You know that question people ask about which beauty product would you keep if you could only keep one? Well, I've thought long and hard about it. Mine would without a doubt be mascara. I can never get over how having a mascara that lifts and defines your lashes can make such a difference to your whole face. Plus, depending on whether you opt for a brown or a black or a blue (I know!!), your whole look can change.


I have always gone for a black mascara. My philosophy has always been to play up the lashes as I am fortunate enough to have naturally long lashes (as my old hairdresser used to comment on every time she tinted my eyebrows!) and I just wanted to enhance what was already there.


Then, in true internet-age fashion, there were a lot of posts cropping up about wearing brown or burgundy mascara if you are red-headed or have blue eyes to really make your features pop. So I wanted to try something other than black for a change and see if there was a noticeable difference. Then I saw the range of shades from Maybelline's Sky High Lash Sensational mascara and knew that was going to be the one to drag me away from my trusty waterproof black.


I love Maybelline's mascaras anyway. I am sure I have tried almost all of them at one point or another and Maybelline are a brand I trust to have good quality products without a hefty price tag. I tried the brown first and enjoyed the formula: it went on nicely and didn't clump which is always important. It was easy to build up and gave a natural, almost no makeup kind of look. But you know me and my lashes - that's not always going to cut it! So I decided to try the Burgundy Haze shade (a nod to Taylor, perhaps? I would like to think so) and I love it. It's a much deeper, richer shade than brown but just a bit less ordinary than the black. I think I would like all of my mascaras to be burgundy from now on. 


It comes off easy with makeup remover. Sometimes mascaras can linger on the lashes even after a double cleanse but there is none of that with this product. 


Also, just to clarify: I loved both mascaras. Although the brown didn't give the dramatic effect I originally wanted, I found it is great for work days when I don't want to look like I am wearing lots of makeup. The burgundy is most definitely my go-to night out mascara, especially now that it's summer and it's still light and sunny (occasionally) when I go out so you can really catch the burgundy in the light.


You can buy different shades of the Maybelline Sky High mascara from Superdrug and Boots for £12.99. I really want to try the pink or blue one next!

Have you tried any of them yet? What did you think?

No comments