Charlotte Tilbury Foundation Stick | Review


 I went on a cruise recently and knew that I would end up getting sucked into buying something in duty free. I didn't even try to fight it and went straight to the Charlotte Tilbury counter (or did the universe drag me there, who's to know?) I was initially hoping to buy a powder highlighter but they didn't have any so my next choice was the foundation stick. 


I love this product. I was sceptical on seeing the reviews online and because of the fact that it is marketed as a 'sheer' coverage foundation. I have clear skin now (which is a whole other story... it took me the best part of 15 years to achieve clear skin) but I still have some scarring and a few marks.


My mum kept commenting on how 'fresh' my skin looked and it was perfect for the hot weather because it didn't feel like I was wearing any product. I tended to wear it on its own during the day with a few dabs of concealer here and there but in an evening when it was a bit cooler, I wanted a bit more coverage so I used a small amount of my regular foundation on top of it. It is marketed as 'hydrating' and this is a claim I absolutely agree with. I suffer with dry skin but this went on like a dream. 




I bought a shade darker than I would usually buy (4 Fair) because I tend to use tan on my face during the summer and I was hoping to catch a bit of sun whilst I was on holiday (every time I deceive myself into thinking I'll get a tan knowing full well I won't and will ultimately return home disappointed... it's a vicious cycle of unfounded hope and inevitable disappointment). I think I will probably buy the lighter shade but maybe not until next Spring when I will get more use out of it. 


Another Charlotte Tilbury product that just hits the mark. I just love the gentle bit of shimmer and highlight it gives you without being overwhelming. It costs £35 and you can buy it directly from the Charlotte Tilbury website

No comments