The Eras Tour - Wembley Night 4 (Thursday 15th August)



When the codes were released for UK Eras Tour tickets last year and neither me nor my best friend received any, we were devastated. We registered for every date and every city across the UK and got NOTHING! We knew that this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and we didn't want to miss it. So after we wiped our tears and stopped feeling sorry for ourselves, we decided we would keep checking the resale site for tickets. By some sheer stroke of luck, I stumbled across some tickets whilst I was browsing in the dentist's waiting room. The only time in my life I've ever been happy about being at the dentist.



We planned and schemed for the whole year leading up to the show and yet still managed to leave it until the week before to sort our outfits out. Part of the fun was the lead up to the actual event and knowing that we were going to see something amazing. We had a movie night last October to watch the Eras Tour movie and make our bracelets. We have shopped and switched eras and then switched back again, sending countless Whatsapp messages of potential outfits and accessories. We listened and relistened to Tortured Poets and sent each other lists of our favourite songs. We tagged each other in unhinged friendship bracelet videos on Insta. We then stayed up until 1am the night before the show panic making even more bracelets so we had plenty to trade. It has been a very Taylor-filled year. 





The whole night was incredible from start to finish. First of all, the whole Swifty community is just a dream. Everyone was so friendly and sweet and we had some lovely conversations with people we approached to trade bracelets. I have never felt safer or happier in a big crowd of people - it was just a beautiful thing to witness.



Of course for the most part we knew what to expect. By this point we knew the setlist in our sleep but knowing what was coming took nothing away from the magic of it all. It was still an absolute joy to sing along to all the songs and try to guess which outfits she was going to come out in for each era and secretly hoping she would announce Rep TV while we were there (a girl can dream, right?)




One of the many many highlights of the evening was when she brought Ed Sheeran out to sing Everything Has Changed, End Game and Thinking out Loud (!!!!!!!!) I was recording the surprise song section and the footage of my screaming and waving my phone around when I realised she was about to bring him out is hysterical and a video I will both treasure and be embarrassed by for the rest of my life. The video had its premiere in the hotel room at 2am as we ate McDonalds and talked about what an amazing night it was, laughing and crying into our cold fries. It will never be seen by anyone but me again. 




The day after, we went to the V&A Museum to see the Songbook Trail. We had a train to catch in the evening and we didn't really account for the queues of people that would be waiting both outside and inside the museum, so we didn't see everything. But what we did get to see was well worth it. My favourite was the dress from the Fortnight music video - wow!! 




I am so sad it's all over and knowing she will never do a tour like this again breaks my heart a little bit. I am so grateful I was able to attend one of the shows and I will let you know once I've stopped rewatching the videos and staring at all the pictures I took. Oh and if anyone was wondering, I live in my grey Eras tour sweatshirt and Bejeweled bracelet now. 



No comments